The Seeds of Doom
|Story Code: 4L / Season 13||UK Airdate: 31 Jan to 6 Mar 1976||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Jun 77||PAL|
|United States*||Oct 78||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Jun 79||PAL|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Mar 80?||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Jun 80||PAL|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish (for Latin America); Catalan, Galician and Spanish (for Spain); and subtitled in Dutch.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||late 85?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||May 86||NTSC|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Aug 86||NTSC|
|Barbados/Saint Lucia||Oct 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Seeds of Doom
- Part 1: Dr. Who is summoned to the Antarctic to examine a vegetable pod discovered in the ice.
- Part 2: The Doctor and Sarah face the deadly Krynoid.
- Part 3: An eccentric millionaire steals a pod for his botany collection.
- Part 4: The Krynoid develops quickly on Chase's country manor.
- Part 5: The Krynoid unites the vegetables in a revolt against the animal world.
- Part 6: Dr. Who joins the world ecology experts to overcome the Krynoid.
- Compilation: Dr. Who is summoned to the Antarctic to examine a vegetable pod discovered in the ice.