|Story Code: 6D / Season 20||UK Airdate: 18 Jan to 26 Jan 1983||Doctor: Peter Davison|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|New Zealand||Oct 83||PAL|
|United States||from early 84||NTSC|
|United Arab Emirates||Jul 87||PAL|
US TV Guide descriptions
- Part 1: Tegan's subconscious is infiltrated by the mind-controlling Mara.
- Part 2: The Mara takes over the brain of Lon—the first step in the domination of the Manussians.
- Part 3: A mysterious snake dancer seems to be the Doctor's only hope of saving the Manussians.
- Part 4: The Doctor engages in a battle of wills to defeat the Mara.
- Compilation: In "Snakedance," the Doctor works against time to save the Manussians from the power of the mind-controlling Mara.